Whether you are cruising the Strip or escaping via the open roads outside the hustle and bustle of downtown, Las Vegas is an amazing backdrop for motorcycle riders.
At the same time, the winding terrain, weather, speeding, and even other drivers can make for serious accident threats to motorcyclists if precautions are not taken and safe driving is not practiced. In fact, according to data from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, for every 100,000 fatal road accidents, an average of 72 will involve motorcycles, while just 13 will involve cars.
If you are in a motorcycle accident in Las Vegas, here is what you should do.
First, call 911 so that anyone involved in the accident can receive the medical treatment they need and so that the accident can be officially recorded. An accident report will be necessary for any future insurance or legal proceedings.
Next, only if you are uninjured and out of any danger, record the names and contact information for any witnesses.
When at the hospital and receiving treatment, do not share a lot of information about the accident unless your attorney is present. Once the treatment has been received, get a loved one to take photos of your injuries for your records.
Record how you are feeling after the accident and do not give any statements to insurance adjusters.
If you have been in a motorcycle accident in Las Vegas, it’s also essential that you contact an attorney. This should happen after you and any parties involved have received any necessary medical attention.
There are many benefits to hiring a Las Vegas personal injury attorneys after an accident, but it is especially important if:
- The accident resulted in significant injury or a fatality.
- It’s unclear who is at fault for the accident.
- The accident involved other motorists, pedestrians, or cyclists
- You were involved in an accident in a construction zone or school zone.
- You feel as if the accident report does not accurately represent what happened during the crash.
- You lack insurance or the liability limits your ability to provide coverage for the full extent of the accident.
- Your insurance agency is not providing you with the coverage you need to recover from the accident.
Las Vegas motorcycle accident attorneys can help you in several ways should you be in an accident. They will represent your interests with:
- Your insurance agency: Your attorney will fight your insurance agency if they are denying you compensation even when it’s clear that you deserve it. An insurance agency may discourage you from hiring an attorney, but it’s always important to keep in mind that they are looking out for their own best interests.
- The other party’s insurance agency: If another party was responsible for the crash, your attorney will represent your interests with the other individual’s insurance agency, helping to ensure you receive the compensation for medical bills and damage that you deserve.
- The police: If you were in a car accident, the police may remain in contact to help sort out the cause and press any charges if necessary. Your attorney will serve as the go-between with the police and help to ensure your rights and privacy are taken into consideration.
- The court: Should the accident result in a court case, your attorney will represent you in court and ensure that any proceedings are fair and that your interests are always defended.
You often have a lot to worry about after an accident. By representing your best interests, motorcycle accident attorney in Las Vegas can help ease your mind and help you get back to focusing on your recovery and health after an accident.
Have you been in an accident?