Our experience rivals that of any of the big firms in southern Nevada. Our smaller size allows us to offer far better rates and service to our clients.
D. Chris Albright
- Commercial Litigation
- Civil Suits
- Banking’ Business Disputes
- Real Property Litigation
- Real Property Transactions, including Purchase Contracts, Leases, and Financing
- Business Contracts and Litigation
- Construction Litigation, including Design Defect Defense, Bid Protests, Mechanic’s Liens, and Collections
- Mediation / Arbitration
- Brigham Young University, J. Reuben Clark Law School, Provo, Utah
- J.D. - 1993
- Honors: cum laude
- Honors: Three-year Scholarship recipient
- Honors: Senior Editor, BYU Law Review 1992-1993
- Brigham Young University, Provo, Utah
- B.A. - 1990
- Major: International Relations
- Minor: German
Classes & Seminars
- Commercial Real Estate Leases from Start to Finish, National Business Institute, Las Vegas, Nevada, 2015 to 2015
- Fundamentals of Mechanic’s Lien Law in Nevada, Sterling Educational Services, 2007 to 2007
- Nevada Mechanic’s Liens, NACM Business Credit Services Multi-State Lien Law Seminar, Tempe, Arizona, 2001 to 2001
- Nevada Mechanic’s Liens, American Builders and Contractors, 2002 to 2002
- Justice Thomas L. Steffen, Nevada Supreme Court, Judicial Law Clerk, 1993 to 1994
- Judge Lloyd D. George, U.S. District Court, District of Nevada, Judicial Extern, 1992
- Gentile v. State Bar; Core Speech and a Lawyer's Pre-trial Statement, to the Press, Brigham Young University Law Review 809, 1992
- The Words ‘Under God’ Do Not Render the Pledge of Allegiance Unconstitutional, 11 Nevada Lawyer Magazine, 5, pp. 9-16, May, 2003
- Nevada Supreme Court, Appointed as an Attorney Arbitrator, 10/2005
- Clark County and American Bar Associations
- State Bar of Nevada
- Iliescu v Steppan, 394 P.3d. 930 (Nev. 2017) retained after trial and successfully obtained 7-0 Nevada Supreme Court reversal of $4.5 million mechanic’s lien judgment against client’s Reno Nevada real property, establishing new precedent on issue of first impression.
- Leany v Zurich American Ins. Co., 800 Fed. Appx. 524 (9th Cir. 2020) (successfully challenged global insurance company’s attempt to pierce local business’s corporate veil)
- Washington Federal Savings v. High Mark Development, et al., Clark County, Nevada District Court Case No. A-11-640518 (successfully obtained $4.7 million post-foreclosure judgment against borrower and guarantors in deficiency action).
- Allstar v. Curry, Clark County, Nevada District Court Case No. A-576602 (obtained over $2 million judgment and successfully obtained dismissal of all Defendants’ counterclaims in contested loan litigation).
- Union Pacific Railroad Co. v. Guard Dog Heaven LLC; United States District Court, District of Nevada Case No. 2:09-CV-1622-GMN-RJJ (successfully defended and obtained dismissal of malpractice claims against commercial real estate appraiser, in case involving railroad right-of-way).
- Klacking v. HGP, Clark County, Nevada District Court Case No. A-13-678276-C, Nevada Supreme Court Case No. 66578 (successful defense of multiple claims arising out of claimed breaches of asset purchase agreement relating to sale of franchise restaurants at three-day private arbitration).
- Gordon v. Huffman, Clark County, Nevada District Court Case No. A549450 (obtained over $281,000.00 compensatory and punitive damages judgment, following bench trial for Plaintiff victims of real estate fraud).
- Hardy Development v. HJEE LLC, et al., Clark County, Nevada District Court Case No. A-11-636596-C (successfully obtained $156,000 Arbitration Award for lost overhead and profit in favor of contractor plaintiff, at private contractual arbitration, due to breach and cancellation of general contract).
- Vegas Paradise v. Nevada Power, United States District Court, District of Nevada Case No. CV-S-1254-DAE-LRL (Obtained Summary Judgment dismissal of real estate auction bidder’s claims for specific performance against Nevada Power Company, in case seeking to set aside sale to successful auction bidder at multi-lot multi-million dollar real estate auction sale).
- American Sports Radio Network v. Krause, Clark County, Nevada District Court Case No. A-340666 (successfully obtained over $3.6 million judgment for plaintiff arising out of fraud and conversion of business assets claims).
- Holgate v. Community Bank of Nevada, et al., Clark County, Nevada District Court Case No. A-474920-C (successfully represented lender in custom home construction loan litigation, obtaining dismissal of borrowers’ claims).
- Shetakis Wholesalers v. Kerzetski-Bellew, Clark County, Nevada District Court Case No. A-363976-C (successfully obtained summary judgment dismissal of commercial construction defect claims).
- Service v. William Lyon Homes, Inc., Clark County, Nevada District Court Case No. A-484209-C (represented home purchaser and successfully settled specific performance action against home developer in manner allowing purchase of home).
- Target Construction v. PCL Construction, Inc., Clark County, Nevada District Court Case No. A-500697-C (defended general contractor at McCarran International Airport expansion project with respect to contract issues, substantially reduced award obtained by Plaintiff, in comparison to amounts sought).
- State Drywall, Inc. v. Carr, Clark County, Nevada District Court Case No. A-473086-C (successfully obtained revisions mitigating initially broader temporary restraining order issued against former employee pursuant to claimed non-competition provisions, and successfully settled dispute between two companies regarding retention of employee and others by competitor).
- Shannon v. Shannon, Clark County, Nevada District Court Case No. A-494786-C (successfully obtained judgment quieting title and for monetary damages in quiet title dispute as to ownership of home).
- Kim Soo-Hyun v. Reynolds, et al., Clark County, Nevada District Court Case No. A-492900-C (procured $250,000.00 judgment on behalf of real estate lender plaintiff, overcoming defendants’ one action rule defenses).
- Barbara One, Inc. v. Steve Hamilton, et al., Clark County, Nevada District Court Case No. A-424171 (successful defense of claims of prior employer against employee for purported violation of claimed confidentiality and purported non-competition provisions of employment).
- Drobkin v. Prestwich, Clark County, Nevada District Court Case No. A-408003 (successful defense of plaintiff’s adverse possession claims as to commercial property ownership).
- Power Technology v. Alvin Snaper, Clark County, Nevada District Court Case No. A-465306-C (represented inventor and successfully resolved and settled dispute regarding patent ownership).
- Malone v. Doctor’s Associates d/b/a Subways, Clark County, Nevada District Court Case No. A-443472-C (successfully reached settlement of dispute as to franchising provisions with Subways restaurant franchisor).
- Nevada, 1993
- U.S. District Court District of Nevada, 1994
- U.S. Court of Appeals 9th Circuit, 1997
- Judge Sally Loehrer Pro Bono Service Award
- BV Rated, Martindale-Hubbell
- Mountain States Super Lawyers 2020
- Mountain States Super Lawyers, 2018
- Lawyers of Distinction, 2018, Real Estate Law
Current Employment Position