Click to Chat

Falsely Arrested? Why You Should File a Case

Posted by: on Fri, Jan 17, 2020

Share this post

falsely arrestedIf you were falsely arrested for a crime, then you should be aware of your rights and understand how to raise a defense. Criminal charges can have significant consequences, so it is important that you seek out legal representation from the Las Vegas criminal defense attorneys at Albright Stoddard Warnick & Albright.

What happens if you were falsely arrested?
In order to be arrested, there must be probable cause that the crime was committed by you. If you were not the individual who committed the crime, then there was not probable cause to arrest and the charges should be dismissed.

In all criminal cases, the accused person has a right against unreasonable searches and seizures. If you are detained or arrested by law enforcement without sufficient evidence to support that action, then your constitutional rights were violated. When this occurs, it can result in dismissal of the charges and suppression of evidence.

What should you do if falsely arrested?
If you have been falsely arrested, then you should be aware of your right to remain silent and your right to have legal counsel. Because of the right to remain silent, you are not required to speak with law enforcement about the case. Police interrogation tactics can sometimes result in a false confession or misconstruing of words, so it is usually in a person’s best interest to remain silent.

As soon as possible after an arrest you should contact an attorney. An attorney will help you understand your options. An attorney will help gather the information needed to demonstrate that you were falsely arrested and the police have the wrong suspect.

At Albright Stoddard Warnick & Albright we strive to help our clients receive justice. We will advocate for you to receive the appropriate remedy. Our Las Vegas criminal defense attorneys are experienced and know what it takes to help get a case dismissed. Contact us to learn how we can help with your case.