Born:Las Vegas, Nevada, August 30, 1966
Brigham Young University, B.A. 1990. “Y” Scholar Scholarship Recipient 1985.
Brigham Young University, J. Reuben Clark Law School, J.D., cum laude, 1993.
Scholarship Recipient 1990-1993; Member and Senior Editor, BYU Law Review, 1991-1993.
Commercial Litigation; Civil Suits; Banking’ Business Disputes; Real Property Litigation; Real Property Transactions, including Purchase Contracts, Leases, and Financing; Business Contracts and Litigation; Construction Litigation, including Design Defect Defense, Bid Protests, Mechanic’s Liens, and Collections; Mediation / Arbitration.
Clark County and American Bar Associations; State Bar of Nevada.
1993, Nevada; 1994, U.S. District Court, District of Nevada; 1997, U.S. Court of Appeals, 9th Circuit.
Judicial Clerkship Experience:
Judicial Extern, Judge Lloyd D. George, U.S. District Court, District of Nevada, 1992;
Judicial Clerk, Justice Thomas L. Steffen, Nevada Supreme Court, 1993-1994.
October 7, 2005: Appointed as an attorney arbitrator, by the Nevada Supreme Court, for the court-annexed arbitration program (mandating arbitration of certain civil actions involving less than $50,000.00 in dispute).
Judge Sally Loehrer Pro Bono Service Award 2009, for outstanding services in civil litigation for a pro bono client. Legal Aid Center of Southern Nevada Pro Bono Project.
Publications and Lectures:
Member and Senior Editor, BYU Law Review, 1991-1993; Author: Note, “Gentile v. State Bar: Core Speech and a Lawyer’s Pre-trial Statements to the Press,” 1992 BYU L. Rev. 809; Article, “The Words ‘Under God’ Do Not Render the Pledge of Allegiance Unconstitutional,” 11 Nevada Lawyer Magazine 5, pp. 9-16 (May 2003). Lecturer, “Nevada Mechanic’s Liens,” presented to NACM Business Credit Services Multi-State Lien Law Seminar, Tempe, Arizona, 2001, and American Builders and Contractors, 2002. CLE approved lecturer “Fundamentals of Mechanic’s Lien Law in Nevada”, Sterling Educational Services, January 2007.
Mr. Albright, a former law clerk to the Nevada Supreme Court and Judicial Extern at Nevada’s U.S. District Court, has represented both plaintiffs and defendants in a variety of commercial suits involving contracts, real estate, construction, employment, banking, and other matters. In 2006, he was lead trial counsel for a Fortune 100 company in a U.S. District Court bid protest case. In 2007, he obtained a $1.5 million jury verdict in a Clark County District Court case involving interference with leased construction equipment. He has represented clients in a variety of forums, including mediations, arbitrations, State District Court hearings, jury and bench trials, State Supreme Court appeals, Federal District Court hearings and trials, and Ninth Circuit Federal Court appeals. A small representative sample of some of the cases with which he has been involved includes the following:
- In Re: Estate of Kingsley, 139 F.3d 905 (9th Cir.) (successful defense of RICO, fraud, and breach of fiduciary duty claims against drafting attorney of trust and will, brought by heirs of one of the beneficiaries).
- In Re: SSI Strickland, Inc., Clark County District Court Case No. A502185
(Obtained $1.5 million jury verdict in case involving interference with returning leased construction equipment.)
- Washington Federal Savings v. High Mark Development, et al., Clark County, Nevada District Court Case No. A-11-640518 (successfully obtained $4.7 million post-foreclosure judgment against borrower and guarantors in deficiency action).
- Allstar v. Curry, Clark County, Nevada District Court Case No. A-576602 (obtained over $2 million judgment and successfully obtained dismissal of all Defendants’ counterclaims in contested loan litigation).
- In Re: Aladdin Desert Passage Related Litigation, Clark County, Nevada District Court Case No. A-427673, Nevada Supreme Court Case No. 41834 (prepared all motions and trial briefs in firm’s successful trial defense of Fleet National Bank, financier of Desert Passage Mall, located within the Aladdin Hotel & Casino Resort, against hotel lien claimants asserting priority lien claims against mall).
- Union Pacific Railroad Co. v. Guard Dog Heaven LLC; Guard Dog v. Criterion Group, United States District Court, District of Nevada Case No. 2:09-CV-1622-GMN-RJJ (successfully defended and obtained dismissal of malpractice claims against commercial real estate appraiser, in case involving railroad right-of-way).
- Gordon v. Huffman, Clark County District Court Case No. A549450 (obtained $281,109.96 compensatory and punitive damages judgment, following bench trial for Plaintiff victims of real estate fraud.
- Vegas Paradise v. Nevada Power, United States District Court, District of Nevada Case No. CV-S-03-1254-DAE-LRL (prepared successful Motion for Summary Judgment dismissing real estate auction bidder’s claims for specific performance against Nevada Power Company, in case seeking to set aside sale to successful auction bidder at multi-lot multi-million dollar real estate auction sale).
- American Sports Radio Network v. Krause, Clark County, Nevada District Court Case No. A-340666 (successfully obtained over $3.6 million judgment for plaintiff arising out of fraud and conversion of business assets claims).
- Reeves v. Shellcross, Clark County, Nevada District Court Case No. 05-A-499325-C (obtained $1 million judgment against home seller for failure to disclose defects and successfully obtained settlements with other defendants).
- Holgate v. Community Bank of Nevada, et al., Clark County, Nevada District Court Case No. 03-A-474920-C (successfully represented lender in custom home construction loan litigation, obtaining dismissal of borrowers’ claims).
- Shetakis Wholesalers v. Kerzetski-Bellew, Clark County, Nevada District Court Case No. A-363976-C (successfully obtained summary judgment dismissal of commercial construction defect claims).
- Service v. William Lyon Homes, Inc., Clark County, Nevada District Court Case No. 04-A-484209-C (represented home purchaser and successfully settled specific performance action against home developer in manner allowing purchase of home).
- Target Construction v. PCL Construction, Inc., Clark County, Nevada District Court Case No. 05-A-500697-C (defended general contractor at McCarran International Airport expansion project with respect to contract issues, substantially reduced award obtained by Plaintiff, in comparison to amounts sought).
- State Drywall, Inc. v. Carr, Clark County, Nevada District Court Case No. 03-A-473086-C (successfully obtained revisions mitigating initially broader temporary restraining order issued against former employee pursuant to claimed non-competition provisions, and successfully settled dispute between two companies regarding retention of employee and others by competitor).
- Shannon v. Shannon, Clark County, Nevada District Court Case No. 04-A-494786-C (successfully obtained judgment quieting title and for monetary damages in quiet title dispute as to ownership of home).
- Kim Soo-Hyun v. Reynolds, et al., Clark County, Nevada District Court Case No. 04-A-492900-C (successfully obtained $250,000.00 judgment on behalf of real estate lender plaintiff, overcoming defendants’ one action rule defenses).
- Barbara One, Inc. v. Steve Hamilton, et al., Clark County, Nevada District Court Case No. A-424171 (successful defense of claims of prior employer against employee for purported violation of claimed confidentiality and purported non-competition provisions of employment).
- First Housing Corporation Construction Defect Litigation, Clark County, Nevada District Court Case No. A410267 (successful settlement and resolution of construction defect claims against client home developer in Mesquite, and of home developer’s third party claims against subcontractors).
- Drobkin v. Prestwich, Clark County, Nevada District Court Case No. A-408003 (successful defense of plaintiff’s adverse possession claims as to commercial property ownership).
- Power Technology v. Alvin Snaper, Clark County, Nevada District Court Case No. 03-A-465306-C (represented inventor and successfully resolved and settled dispute regarding patent ownership).
- Malone v. Doctor’s Associates d/b/a Subways, Clark County, Nevada District Court Case No. 01-A-443472-C (successfully reached settlement of dispute as to franchising provisions with Subways restaurant franchisor).
Peer Review Rated: Martindale-Hubbell BV Rated.